If your school doesn’t have a pharmacy or you need a prescription filled when the on-campus pharmacy is closed, you’ll need to go off-campus for your medications. Check with your school first to see if they partner with any pharmacies or provide recommendations on filling prescriptions while at school.
Consider the following:
- What are the hours?
- Where is located? Can you get there easily to pick up your prescriptions?
- Does this pharmacy accept your health insurance?
- Can you transfer your existing prescriptions?
- Can the pharmacy call your provider’s office for refills or call other pharmacies to transfer your prescription to the pharmacy near your college?
- How do you refill your prescription? Is it automatic or do you need to call it in each time?
- Does the pharmacy offer a delivery service?